Aither is a great place to work…
Aither exists to help governments and businesses make better decisions about globally significant issues.
We allow our clients to navigate uncertainty and complexity by providing clear, evidence-based analysis, insights and advice related to water, infrastructure, agriculture, natural hazards and the environment.
Combining economics, policy and strategy, our team of leading advisors help decision-makers to clarify their objectives, address the right problems and opportunities, and continuously improve.
Aither Pty Ltd is part of Ricardo plc, a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company.
About the opportunity
As an Associate Director, you will be asked to contribute substantially to Aither’s strategic direction, profile, revenue growth and team development.
You have experience, and an appetite, to grow our business through excellence in client service and your existing relationships and network.
You will play an active leadership role and have deep subject matter knowledge and project management skills to ensure successful project delivery.
Aither has joined Ricardo PLC’s Clean Energy & Environmental Services business, bringing global expertise in energy transition, decarbonisation and sustainable transport. A regulatory economist with the skills and abilities to provide services to clients in these areas would be highly desirable.
- Intellectually motivated and academically accomplished
- Passionate about working on globally significant issues to create positive outcomes
- Thrive in an outcome-driven environment that values diversity and creativity
- A collaborator – you bring energy and enthusiasm for working with others throughout project delivery
- Initiative – you manage your time effectively and communicate actively
- Enthusiastic and interested in working across one or more of our consulting areas (refer to “Sectors” on our website)
About your practical experience
- Demonstrated 12+ years’ work experience, ideally in a professional services environment, focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Developing effective strategy to help clients set and communicate a vision, outcomes, and inform strategic decisions on what the sector, organisation or team will and will not be.
- Demonstrated experience in pricing and regulatory economics across a regulated industry for example water, electricity, gas, ports etc.
- Well established networks within the industry to help build networks, identify opportunities and realise these potentials and deliver projects successfully.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in economics or a closely related discipline
- Ability to:
- prepare clear, concise, high-quality written documents for a range of audiences, including boards, executive leadership, policy-makers, technical staff, delivery staff, and the public.
- apply economic frameworks and communicate to non-technical audiences.
- build financial and economic models in Excel (including Python) and comfortable with manipulating, analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- translate analysis into clear and practical advice (written, diagrams/figures, and verbal).
- problem-solve; and think creatively and strategically.
- establish rapport with clients, colleagues and project stakeholders, through excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- work both independently and as part of a team.
- Aither is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Aither is a flexible workplace that offers consulting opportunities on a full-time and part-time basis.
- We seek people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds. We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- To apply for a role at Aither in Australia you must have Australian Permanent Residency or right to work in Australia.
We are currently recruiting to expand our rapidly growing team of consultants within Australia. Our offices are located in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide, with staff also located in Perth, Darwin and Sydney.
To apply for this role, please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume with your application, detailing why you are interested in the position.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Aither, visit www.aither.com.au
For any queries, email [email protected]