|Reports to||General Manager|
|Contract term||Full time (negotiable)|
As Business Support Officer you will play a key role in supporting the operation and team of a high-performing and growing professional services business. You will deliver key administrative, office management and executive support tasks to contribute to seamless business operation.
As a key member of our Operations Team, your energy, enthusiasm and adaptability will contribute to Aither’s culture and our tradition of exemplary customer and employee satisfaction.
This is a full-time role located in Melbourne. Aither offers flexible working arrangements. Alternative terms, including a part-time position, are negotiable with the right candidate.
About the role
In a context of exciting growth and change, the role of Business Support Officer is critical to meeting the dynamic needs of the business and its team of high-performing consultants. The role requires a high degree of initiative and autonomy, but also a willingness to respond flexibly and reactively to short-term needs. The adaptability to manage a dynamic environment will be enhanced by an ability to work as part of a team and to follow, improve, and embed systems and processes that support efficient business operation.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for activities that include but may not be limited to:
- Providing basic Executive Assistant support (such as calendar management) to Aither’s Directors and COO
- Managing day-to-day office needs to ensure a well-functioning space that meets staff expectations, from liaising with Building Management, contractors and suppliers, to maintaining a clean, tidy and inviting workspace
- Stakeholder communication
- Client liaison: contacting clients on behalf of Directors to schedule meetings and workshops
- Client feedback and NPS reporting: contacting clients and conducting feedback surveys upon completion of projects
- Main point of contact for scheduling internal meetings between staff and Directors
- Triaging, prioritising and responding to day-to-day requests for support from staff
- Providing an initial point of contact for clients, general queries and office reception
- Managing email inboxes, calendar requests, room bookings and other administrative functions (such as basic IT support, records management, ordering of supplies)
- Assisting with event co-ordination and staff travel arrangements
- Liaising with IT support services and equipment providers
- Helping to deliver seamless and high-quality experiences for potential recruits, new starters, and leavers
- Operating effectively within Aither’s systems and software, including the Microsoft suite, databases and CRM software
- Building relationships across the business and contributing to Aither’s culture by demonstrating our values.
You are motivated by the opportunity to demonstrate your initiative and energy in supporting the effective operation of a busy professional services team. You work amenably and effectively as part of a team, while establishing systems and processes that enable you to work with a high degree of autonomy.
You are engaged, quick to learn, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where tasks and priorities can change from day-to-day. You take pride and recognise the value in whatever tasks are expected of you, responding to all requests with enthusiasm.
You are eager to develop your skills and like to explore ways to make repeat tasks easier and more efficient. You enjoy working in a work environment founded on a clear purpose, with values that guide positive behaviour and mutual respect.
Skills and experience that will be highly valued includes:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience within a personal assistant, business support, or office management role
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with and solid basis in Microsoft Office apps, as well as aptitude for IT systems and software in general
- A proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability working constructively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to seeing tasks through to completion
- A willingness, openness and ability to learn and develop.
To apply for this role, please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume with your application, detailing why you are interested in the position.
Please not only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Submissions for this role close 10-06-2022
To learn more about Aither, visit www.aither.com.au
For any queries, email [email protected]